Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I know what I know...

Our family has listened to Paul Simon's music for as long as we can remember!  There's this one song when he sings, "Why, why, why?" and my kids (living in Nepal at the time),  thought that he was singing about "wai wai" -- the name of a Nepali snack we all love to eat here!  uhhh... not exactly!

We've listened to his music on road trips, late nights, birthdays, Christmas, you name it, Paul Simon's music is a part of our lives!

Well, today was a Paul Simon - Graceland - day!  ALL day!  His song, "I know what I know", has a line in it that goes like this:  "she moved so easily, all I could think of was sunlight.  I said, 'aren't you the woman who was recently given the Fulbright?'  she said, 'don't I know you from the cinematographer's party?' I said, 'who am I to blow against the wind?'  ... I know what I know..."

one has to hear it to appreciate it!  (from the Graceland album)

Anyway, today, we were all singing and dancing to this song,  because our Hannah Elizabeth... IS... "the woman who was recently given the Fulbright"!  Yep, Hannah was awarded a Fulbright grant to work in Nepal for a year!!!  and we're so happy!  a whole YEAR in Nepal with Hannah Liz!?!  Joy!

thanks for decades of entertainment, Mr. Simon!

No comments:

Post a Comment